Jacob Knabb moderated this session in the Commercial Learning Theater focusing on five key strategies for crafting effective commercial communications.
Before you begin, ask yourself:
- What is your goal?
- Determine the message you are trying to convey.
- Who is your Audience?
- Determine who the main user of your communications will be and craft your message towards them.
- What action do you want them to take?
- Start a blog. You don’t have to write everything yourself; you can repurpose material to position yourself as a thought leader.
- Be concise. Keep it short to grab their attention. Quality is always more important than quantity. Also- Get to the point – then repeat seven times. People have to see something a minimum of 7 times before it sinks in.
- Be consistent. Consistency builds your personal brand. Your brand should consistently influence content decisions.
- Be genuine. The best way to build trust is through genuine communication. Be honest and transparent. Be considerate. Don’t sell. Use your communications to inform, entertain, and educate.
- Be prepared. Have a plan. Thoughtful communications will result in new opportunities.